Kaw Valley Engineering has an immediate opening for a Senior Engineer Technician.
The Senior Engineering Technician has mastered most testing and inspection tasks for construction materials and is able to provide site management of CMT projects. Based on the results of testing, he/she determines conformance/non-conformance of materials and provides results of tests and observations to on-site personnel. He/She is the on-site representative of the company and communicates regularly with project personnel. He/She provides written documentation of testing activities to supervisors for project records. He/She is proficient in interpreting project documentation including plans, specifications, and change documents (RFI, ASI, etc.), and looks ahead in the construction processes to identify potential conflicts or errors. This is a full-time position.
- While on Company business, conducts all tasks in a safe and ethical manner consistent with the policies of Kaw Valley Engineering, Inc.
- Performs construction materials tests, both in the laboratory and at various field sites, in accordance with company procedures, ASTM methods, and/or project specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance on the laboratory site, equipment, and vehicles to ensure quality tests and safety.
- Performs duties as Licensed Public Authority construction observer.
- Ensures tests performed are completed in accordance with the Kaw Valley Engineering Quality Control Manual, appropriate ASTM, or other specifications as required by the project engineer or applicable standard; and that test results are properly recorded on the appropriate form and forwarded to the Laboratory/Field Supervisor for review.
- Provides on-the-job training to newly assigned Engineering Technicians and ensures tests they perform are completed correctly, then signs off on successful training completion.
- Provides annual competency evaluations to other Engineering Technicians.
- Assists the Laboratory/Field Supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the laboratory, and acts as Laboratory/Field Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma / GED
- Substantial experience in construction materials testing and inspections.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Surveying or Engineering Technology is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology may be substituted for some experience in the construction industry.
- Must be able to perform physical labor (i.e. lifting up to 75 pounds)
- Must be able to traverse variable terrain on foot
- Must be able to operate motor vehicles (typically full-size pickup trucks)
- Will perform duties in variable environments and weather conditions/temperatures
- May be required to climb stairs/ladders during the performance of job duties
- Valid Driver’s License
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certification
- Nuclear Moisture/Density Qualified
- DOT testing and inspection certifications