Survey Marker Colors and Their Meanings
Surveyors play an important role in construction. They will map out the property lines of a project, boundaries for buildings and even map out locations of utilities on a project site. If you have ever wondered what all the different colors are and what they mean, you came to the right place.
American Public Works Association has created a universal color system for survey markers. They are as follows:
- White – Proposed Excavation
- Pink – Temporary Survey Markings
- Red – Electric Power Lines
- Yellow – Gas, Oil and other Gaseous Materials
- Orange – Communication Lines
- Blue – Potable Water
- Purple – Reclaimed Water and Irrigation Lines
- Green – Sewers and Drain Lines
Next time you see a construction site start to take shape and see the rainbow of flags on the ground, you will now have an idea of what everything is. If you find yourself in need of skilled, professional surveyors for your project, be sure to contact us by clicking here.