Kaw Valley Engineering has an immediate opening for a Geotechnical Driller’s Assistant.
- The primary role is to assist a driller in the field with auger/rotary drilling machines for soil borings, soil sampling, and rock coring, mixing drill mud, handling casing and other equipment.
- Drive equipment to and from the job location safely.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area after each job as directed.
- Work is primarily outdoors and may be performed in varying weather conditions.
- Must work well while under supervision.
- Must be able to travel extensively (required) in the Midwest area. (KVE will pay for hotel costs and per diem to the employee.)
- No experience is required. This is an entry-level role and an excellent opportunity to start a new career in geotechnical drilling as KVE can provide the opportunity to obtain a CDL and/or the training to become a driller.
- Physical requirements include standing, squatting, and periodic heavy lifting (50 lbs.)
High School Diploma or GED certificate
Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
Class-A CDL license is a plus.